Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Unsex

I was in deep discussion with someone recently who predicted that, in the future, everyone will be able to choose what gender they want to be called.  I think that's happening now.  I'm not sure but I think she was saying that none of us are pure male or female and it's only a matter of time when we understand this and go in the direction of what suits us best.  I may be wrong.

Now, I tend to poo poo ideas like this because I see nothing wrong with being either male or female.  It's what we are and that's that.  But I have noticed that some of the crazies in the world (a vast minority but the loudest of all) have succeeded in having our driver's licences changed to eliminate any mention of gender.  Why, I don't know.  When gender can't be determined by just looking at a person, we have a very disturbed person.  Just my opinion and I don't really care if it's politically correct or not!

We also have some crazies who say their 3 year old male child claims to be a female so they opt to dress and treat him like a female.  Will this poor child grow up to be a normal human being?  No!

I did a little research lately on the percentage of people who went through sex change surgery and wasn't surprised in the least to find that a lot of them felt they'd made a mistake and wanted it to be reversed.  A very painful and expensive mistake.  I don't frown on people who will go so far as to have gender reassignment but I can't for the life of me think they're completely sane.  Just my opinion and, believe me, I've tried to open my mind to understand these poor souls and I truly can't.  I end up feeling very sorry for them.

There is nothing wrong with living your life the way that makes you happy as long as it hurts no-one else.  Males can live as females and vice versa and no-one should criticize or harm them.  That said, people who think as I do will suspect that all their wheels aren't in alignment and judge them that way.  I'm not saying I'm right, I'm only saying that this is how many of us feel.

Just as a future employer is swayed by the dress and behaviour of a potential employee, they can obviously be swayed by appearance and some of these transgenders just don't look right.  I don't care if a cashier is a poor transition but I do care if my doctor looks strange.  It matters to me to be able to trust their judgement.  

This is why I detest the phrase "politically correct".  What it means is that, even if you believe in something with all your heart and soul, if it's not new age you have to pretend you don't feel that way.  And so, I will not even attempt to be politically correct but I will state my true thoughts and feelings.

I don't know anyone who has had a sex change so I wonder just how prevalent it is.  I've seen T.V. programs and seen what could be a transgender on the streets.  On T.V. I've seen amazing transformations of male to female with the help of surgery and make-up so we can be fooled.  I just hope they're happy.

A few years ago, Kate (Bruce) Jenner was named "Woman of the Year" and thought how ridiculous that was.  He was lauded for his bravery in exposing his sex change.  All of this tells me that our new age society is degrading at an alarming rate.  The consequences are still to come and it won't be pretty. 

No comments: