Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Games

Here in the park we play a card game called "65" every Tuesday and Thursday evening.  It's a simple game that doesn't require us to use many brain cells and that leaves us lots of time to chat and laugh as we play.  Mistakes are made and no-one cares because the purpose of the game is to socialize and not necessarily to win.

Since I got back to the park last month we've been meeting to play but only a handful of my old friends were here.  Since then a few new people have joined us and last night we had 9 people squished around the table...but it was fun.  We realize that we'll have to either expand to a larger table or use 2 of the small ones from now on and especially when more people arrive after the new year.

The faces might be newer or older but the spirit is still the same...good people filling our days with simple fun.  Today I'm going with the Red Hat ladies for lunch.  It's a fun group but we don't do much except have lunch once a month.  Vicki, our leader, will use some of the dues ($1 per month) to buy poinsettias for some of our old residents who are now in nursing homes and that's a nice thing.

Tonight is Bingo.  Funny how we seniors who have all the time in the world to do as we wish now find comfort in simple things like cards and Bingo.  Of course, some travel the world but that's not really for me and I embrace my peaceful life as it is.  I seem to have found my niche. 

No comments: