Friday, December 15, 2017

My Babies Are Sick

The fact that my sick babies are aged 58 and 59 does not and will never stop them from being my babies.  Your children are your babies for life...and that's not such a bad thing.  When you look at your children, you tend to see them as still dependent on you even though you, yourself, might have become dependent on them.  They are your greatest gifts to the world and the meaning for your life.  An that's that.

Kim was so very sick a few years ago with a cold that deepened to the point where she was hospitalized and her organs had begun to shut down.  I'll be damned if I don't nag the life out of her to seek medical attention now when she's sick.

Cindy has a history of bronchitis and that's what she has now but she's more sensible than Kim and will see the doctor when she's sick.  That doesn't stop me from worrying about her, too.

My Shelley, the nurse practitioner, is maybe too quick to take medication so I have to worry about her as well.  Your children will always, in some way, make you worry the rest of your life.

The good news today is that my two sick girls are on the road to recovery so I can relax just a bit.

No comments: