Sunday, December 17, 2017

New Bed Frame In

Myrna volunteered her husband, Wendell, to put my new bed frame together for me and I gladly accepted.  I've wintered in this Florida park since 1998 and the kindness and generosity of the people here never cease to impress me.  It's the reason I didn't worry about coming down here alone after Dennis died.  I knew there were many people I could count on in an emergency.

Many of the men here worked in the trades all their lives and still love to tinker.  Many are self made men who, like Dennis, are jack of all trades and fully capable of repairing just about anything.  I shouldn't be saying "men" because Jan is one of the ladies who is also a jack of all trades and I'm sure there are more women here just like her.

Anyway, my bed is now sitting on a firm frame that will not come apart and I'm dearly thankful for that.  I did laundry and washed the sheets and then hung them out to dry in the warm Florida breeze.  I love sleeping on fresh air dried sheets!

I also went out shopping for a new land phone after deciding it made sense to have the Spectrum T.V., Internet, and phone bundle which would cost the same as just T.V. and internet.  The phone with Spectrum allows unlimited free calling to Canada.  When I got home and called Spectrum to change my order, I found out we're not set up here in the park for the phone, though, so I'll just keep it and take it home with me.  One good thing is that the lady I spoke to waived the T.V./Internet installation fee because of all the problems I've had trying to get them installed and also promised me they would be installed tomorrow (Monday) with the new cable!  I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm very impatient when I want something done unless there is absolutely nothing I can do but wait.  Then I adapt and wait.  I have a very strong feeling nothing will be done tomorrow because a lot of the new cable line is still laying above ground waiting to be buried.

Update:  No-one arrived on Monday and no-one called from Spectrum to tell me why.  I don't know how a business can be so inefficient. 

No comments: