Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Bad Cell Phone Transfers

I'm so new at using a cell phone that I literally know next to nothing about them.  I was horrified to see that somehow over 27,000 e-mails and Facebook responses (not even my own!) had found their way onto my cell phone.  Somehow, I'm not even sure how, I managed to stop the e-mails from transferring but I still had to clean up my computer gmail.  Along came my next door neighbor, Bonnie (Santa Leroy's wife) who probably read about my dilemma on Facebook (thank you, Facebook) who offered to fix it.

One of the beautiful things about this park is how willing most are to help in any need you might have.  This is a village full of good people who worked hard all their lives and have come here to enjoy their elder years.  

I had approximately 15,000+ messages that had somehow popped up on my gmail and I just had to find a way to remove them without removing my final e-mail from Isabel.  That's something I'll always cherish and it would break my heart if it got deleted.  

There's a whole lot about gmail that I don't know and I was surprised to see that there are 3 sections...one for personal use and the only one I use, one for social network, and one for promotions.  I struggled trying to figure out how to delete what I didn't want versus the few I wanted to save.  My brain doesn't seem to co-operate with the computer so I learn new things mostly by accident.  Anyway, after a few ridiculous attempts at deleting what I didn't want, I discovered they were all in the latter 2 sections and could quickly be deleted.  What I don't know for sure is if they'll continue to be transferred there or not.  I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Back to my great village people...Kevin dropped by to say he will do the laminate later because of the roads in front of my trailer being paved today.  Then he and Santa Leroy drove me over to get my car (I'd moved last night away from the trailer but stupidly moved it right where another road will be paved today).  The best place to park so that I don't get blocked in is over at the clubhouse parking lot so that's where I went.

I'm going to the game rooms with Dee and Margie today...Margie owes us a free lunch at Wendy's because she won her big money at the game rooms after we'd already had lunch.  Whoever wins $100 at the game rooms buys us all lunch.  I haven't had to do it yet but I have received a lot of free lunches over the years from my luckier friends.  LOL!

Well, the work around here never ends.  I washed a few dishes and played on the computer all morning and now I'm going to work on the Swedish weaving table runner I'm making.  The gamblers leave at noon!!

    

No comments: