Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Florida Honey Ants

I'm fine tuned to spotting even the tiniest bug because I can't stand them in my home.  This appears to be a honey ant nest that I bet was not there this morning because the wall is white and you can see how big this thing is by the ant traps I put next to it.  It appears to be an ant nest but the better look I get of it, I think it's either one of those icky dead wormy things that show up every once in a while or it's a dead baby lizard that has been hanging around that window.  You can hardly ever see the tiny little ants until they group around something.  I've noticed this before with a dropped potato chip crumb.

I have a bug man come once a month to spray so I rarely see a bug, thank heavens.  It's the size of this thing that concerns me unless it really is just ants surrounding a little dead worm or lizard.  You don't ever want ant nests in your home or trailer.

I've been taught to not spray ants with Raid because the ones who don't die just move the queen to another spot.  I put 2 ant traps close to the thing and it might take a few days for the ants to disappear but the ant traps work well.

Now to wait and see what is there.

Update:  I ended up spraying it with Raid and then removed what turned out to be a tiny little dead lizard that the ants were consuming.  Ick!


No comments: