Saturday, February 10, 2018

I'm Fed Up With Walmart Florida

Walmart isn't my favorite store at the best of times but I'm hoping what I'm seeing in Florida isn't setting the stage for Walmart in other states or provinces.

I used to like to shop at Walmart because I could also get groceries there.  Today I needed some groceries and some yarn...also found 2 pair of summer pyjamas for the boys...so in I went.

After finding my items I went looking for a cash register that wasn't lined up too badly and found one that allowed 20 items only.  There were about 3 customers in front of me so I felt pretty lucky.  No.

The cashier moved in slow motion, had to leave the register for each of the 3 customers in front of me because she couldn't ring their purchases in for some reason..one couple had only a T.V.  Her interaction with the T.V. took about 10 minutes!  Then she took on the couple directly in front of me and my hopes rose.  No.

They had only a few items but they and the cashier had a long conversation in Spanish before slowly moving away.  Now, I have no problem with Spanish speaking clerks  but I'd already asked a clerk where to find an item and he spoke no English at all.

So I put my few items on the belt and the cashier informed me there was no bar code on one pair of pyjamas.  She tried to give me excuse after excuse why this was so all the while I was trying to tell her to just put them aside and I wouldn't buy them...didn't want to wait for her to call a sales person from the department.  She then started blaming customers for ripping off the bar codes.  Heaven help me.

Oh yes, as I waited in my line fuming at the long wait, I watched the line beside me.  If it took my cashier 20-25 minutes to ring up 4 customers, it took the cashier next to her (but the customer had a cart full) that long to ring up 1!!!  It seems they were on a slow down today and foolishly think this might help them keep their jobs.  If and when I ever shop at Walmart again, I'll use the self serve check-out.  I usually have problems and need a clerk to help me at self serve but I'm sure it would be faster than what I put up with today.

No comments: