Friday, March 23, 2018

3W

No, we're not called 3W any more and it's beginning to dawn on me that the new name also represents the new residents.  I've always said that the people here are some of the best people on earth, so kind and caring, that anyone who lands here is one lucky SOB.

We had a memorial service for Rob today and there was a fair turnout of residents, people who knew him well and people who knew him only in passing.  I noted that some of the new residents were quick to take part in arranging and participating in the memorial and it made my heart feel good.  I could see so plainly that the new residents, the ones I felt a little apart from because they are new, have settled in and are just as good and kind as the older folk.  Our park continues to attract the salt of the earth.

Monica was very moved by the show of love and support she received today.  It meant a lot to her to see loving evidence that she and Rob were part of our park family.  

I have to mention the role Dee M. has played throughout all of the sadness of Rob's death and up to today.  She has been a rock of support for Monica and proves over and over that she is an angel among us.  Remember Jack Nicholson saying in the movie "As Good As It Gets" that his co-star made him want to be a better man?  Well, watching my dear friend, Dee, makes me want to be a better woman.  She's a treasure and too humble to know it.

Below is what was written for the memorial:

"I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one,
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun.
Of happy memories that I leave when life is done."


Oh, how very much we all hope our transgressions will be forgiven and only the good times remembered when we pass on.  Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part but I hope it happens for me with my loved ones.   

No comments: