Friday, March 23, 2018

So Happy

Years ago, when Lisette was just a little girl, she said she'd love to see all of her relatives lined up outside her house.  I guess she was saying that she didn't see enough of them and then only a few now and again.  I get a similar feeling about the friends I've made here in the park...I love them to death but, at the end of the season, I know they're all heading off in different directions to their homes and none of those destinations are close enough to me.

Last night I talked to my friend, Mary, who lives 2 1/2 hours drive from my apartment at home and she's planning to move closer in the near future.  I am thrilled!  The 2 1/2 hour drive meant we only saw each other maybe every couple of months so, if she's only an hour's drive away, we will definitely see each other more often.  Happy days!

I love to drive and so does Mary but we're both getting older and driving might become out of the question for either of us sooner than we'd like.  But right now I'm 77, almost 78, and Mary is 75 so we can count on a few years yet before I'll be nagging her to move right into my town.  But, for now, I'm one happy lady!

No comments: