Monday, May 07, 2018

More Doctors Appointments

I look back fondly on the earlier days of my life when I would rarely have to see a doctor.  I swear that, once they get their hands on you, you are stuck with them forever.  

I'm having a follow-up appointment with the hematologist this afternoon to see if the iron supplement is working to raise my red blood cell count.  I feel perfectly fine...nothing at all like the exhausted and weak person I was after battling two serious bouts of the cold...but I bet I'll be sent for more tests.

Cindy is going to meet me there and I think that's a good thing.  She can be the person who is not nervous and anxious and sort of teed off at the whole procedure.  I just don't understand why they can't see that a woman my age might suffer some health issues after being inundated with those 2 colds so close together but then, maybe not bounce back, but drag myself back a little slowly.

I don't want the catscan either because I don't trust it's accuracy.  That's the test that showed a 3.5 cm cyst in my pancreas that a later MRI showed didn't exist.  I can accept having a colonoscopy and endoscopy but not willingly.  No matter what, this appointment today is not going to go well.

Apparently it takes about 3 months for an iron supplement to work properly in your body.  I'm just hoping my bloodwork will show some improvement after 2 weeks!

Update:  Well, there was a tiny improvement in most of the bloodwork and that's a happy surprise.  We ended up cancelling the catscan unless it's needed later but making appointments for the colonoscopy and the endoscopy.  Cindy met me there and then I took her and Don out for dinner.

I came home feeling hopeful.

No comments: