Wednesday, June 20, 2018

???

Trump calls Canada an enemy and insults our prime minister (I do, too, though) and, when I posted some comments about this on Facebook, my American friends are very quick to tell me not to believe all the fake news about Trump.  Do they not hear him say what he says???  

Most seem to prefer FOX news to CNN because FOX news doesn't criticize Trump.  I'm assuming his supporters have closed their ears to anything or anyone who has bad things to say about their leader and that's why they hate CNN.  Trump refers to any criticism as "fake news".  It worries me that my dear American friends have chosen to tune out Trump's many lies and horrid behavior.  No matter who our leaders are, we have to at least demand they speak the truth.  If we accept bald faced lies as the norm, we are in deep trouble as a country.

I've been saying all along that I'm having trouble understanding how the good, decent people I know can ignore Trump's continuous lies and x-rated behavior when he doesn't even try to disguise it.  He seems to know he has no limits when it comes to his supporters.  Why doesn't he???  Why are these good Americans so willing to accept a president who has no decency?  It's a mystery to me.

I laughed when Trump entered the presidential race and thought he was only having a bit of fun and not serious about becoming president.  After all, just how many people would possibly vote for a man like him?  It turns out that it was enough to give him the presidency and I think that must have shocked the world.  Will he get a second term?  Anything is possible as we now know.

I hold all politicians in contempt, trusting none, but only a few scare me.  Trump is one of them.

No comments: