Sunday, October 28, 2018

Craft Sale

One of the two craft sales I sell at was on Saturday.  It was miserably rainy and cold, just like last year, and that kept many shoppers away.  The biggest problem with this venue is that it's out in the country and only accessible by car.  There would be very few walk ins.

Kim came down to pick me up to drive me there because it was a dark, rainy morning and difficult for me to drive.  She's been such an angel over the years taking up 1/4 of her weekend to help me sell my stash.  Where I love the time spent talking to people even if they're not buying, Kim is polite but not too interested in strangers.  Regardless, she does it for me.

This year, a lot of the people who stopped by knew about Swedish weaving and appreciated the time it takes to make the items.  I sold 4 or 5 table runners and a bit of the jewelry I still have.  I won't be buying any more jewelry to sell and will probably end up donating much of it to the Salvation Army and just concentrate on having one table to sell the table runners.

The next craft show is on November 18th and I can count on my precious Kim to help me there, too.  I think I'll only do this craft show next year and not the one in the country.  I also think I'll do this craft show until I'm too old and feeble to do it any more because I enjoy it very much.

Whether I sell or not, I really do enjoy talking to people.  I met one lady who doesn't do Swedish weaving but has a piece of the green monk's cloth she wants to give to me.  She teaches Bunka at the senior center where the next craft show is going to be held.  I met another lady who taught me all about selling my trailer in Florida.  I talked to many who have no family close by and who praised my Kim for being such a good daughter.  This happens a lot.  I know every moment of my life how lucky I am to have the daughters that I do.

I came home tired out and just left all the stuff in the car.  I'm taking today to just lounge around and do nothing at all...maybe some Swedish weaving...and will organize everything tomorrow.  Tuesday is root canal day.  Yuk!!

No comments: