Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Getting Ready for Craft Show

I don't buy jewelry to sell any more so my supply cost is next to nothing now.  I much prefer to keep making the Swedish weaving table runners and hoping they will at least pay for the tables I rent at the venue.  I think I'll leave the necklaces at last year's prices for the first craft show and then drop the prices for the second show.  I just want to get rid of the jewelry at this point.  I only need one table for the table runners and that would be nice for next year.

Kim is my helper at the craft shows and Kellie has joined in to help at most of them the last few years.  We have a lot of fun and meet a lot of nice people so it's something I don't want to give up until I have to.

I finished my last table runner yesterday and won't bother making any more to sell this year.  I want to concentrate on the red fabric that will be sent to Shelley's house for next year's Christmas table runners.  I'm taking my sewing machine to Florida and will prepare it all there over the winter.

I can't imagine how bored I'd be if I didn't have crafts to turn to.  I keep a neat home but also keep cleaning time to a minimum.  I clean as I go so nothing much builds up...until the sunlight hits something I hadn't noticed before.  That's always a shock and I immediately clean it up!  My sweet apartment remains a joy that I'm so glad I took the steps to move here.

Today my big job is to take out the garbage and then load up the car with the craft stuff.  I might go and get my bloodwork done, too, because that has to be done before the end of the month.  It's for a regular check-up with my family doctor.  I still have dermatologist and internist (from the colonoscopy) check-up appointments in November but I also have a root canal coming up, too.  I'll be so happy when all of that is over.  It almost feels as though I'm escaping prison when my doctors' appointments are through for the winter...especially after the horrid summer I had.

Right now I feel healthy and happy so I hope these darned doctors don't spoil my mood.

No comments: