Tuesday, October 23, 2018

It Wasn't The Soup

I have rarely in my life thrown up.  It is such a disgusting thing to do that I fight it vehemently if the urge strikes but I have learned that, with food poisoning, it's really best to just let it happen.

On Friday night, I did have food poisoning that I thought had to come from the chicken soup I'd made so I threw it all out.  I felt great on Saturday.  On Sunday night I had a triple fold bout with food poisoning and realized the culprit hadn't been my lovely chicken soup but had to be the mayonnaise I'd eaten both nights.  Mayonnaise is always to be considered whenever anyone has food poisoning.  I had used that same mayonnaise on Thanksgiving to make devilled eggs for the family dinner and I'm glad it was okay then.  I may never make devilled eggs again, though.

My diet is pretty repetitious so it was easy to remember that I'd had the mayonnaise both Friday and Sunday.  I think you actually can die from food poisoning and me having two bouts of it in just a few days must have been really hard on my body.  Maybe the danger is in how much of the tainted food you eat and I might have had a tablespoon full of the mayo each night.  It was enough to make me very, very sick!

I'm kind of mad that I threw out all that delicious chicken soup.

No comments: