Monday, November 19, 2018

Looking Forward to Florida

I really am happy to be home a little longer this year but I also miss my 3W friends a lot so it will be nice to get back to the park for 3 months.  Facebook has been a great help in keeping me informed of what they've been doing all summer but there's nothing like face to face interaction.

Even though I'm selling the trailer this winter, I've been going back and forth in my mind about renting one of the new trailers for next winter.  Faye seems willing to share the cost with me and that is how I'll make up my mind.  It's expensive as heck to rent them but they're gorgeous and have 2 bedrooms, washer, and dryer.  I'll put my name on the list to rent one when I get to Florida.

Yes, it's really nice to be home but the lifestyle at the park is very enticing.  Not only is the weather nice but the friends I've accumulated over the years are wonderful people.  I will miss them the most when I actually am unable to winter at the park.  I've had a 20 year run and know how fortunate I am.

Today the sun is shining even though it's fairly cold and I'm going to do a bit of grocery shopping and look for a birthday present for Cindy.  I've only been home once in the past 20 years to celebrate her birthday.  Cindy's is on Nov. 27th and Matt's is on Nov. 25th so I've missed a lot of birthday cake!

I watched an interesting but disturbing documentary on T.V. yesterday.  It was about a male body builder (built like a brick s-it house) who is transitioning to a female.  At the time of filming, he was on hormones and had extensive facial and throat surgery to appear and sound more feminine.  All I could think of was that, no matter how much pain, danger, and expense he goes through, he will never be a real female.  It's incredibly sad to watch something like this.  I try very hard to understand but I don't.  I think I'll always believe it is a mental illness almost all of the time.  There are legitimate cases of people born with both sex organs or who were misdiagnosed at birth but they are a completely different story.

I watched another documentary about the chaos in the Philippines.  I had no idea their president was a ruthless dictator...too much time watching news about Trump.  It was frightening to hear how one bad leader can gain so much control over their people.  It's a horrible situation.

I'm beginning to think I've developed so many irrational fears because of these documentaries I watch.  There are an amazing amount of things in our world causing us to be fearful.  When we hear a story about someone who is kind and loving, we cling to the hope that the majority of human beings are good.  It's getting harder to do that, though.  One of the news channels used to dedicate part of their program to good news only.  I wish they still did that because we're becoming overwhelmed with all the horrors that mankind can create.  At least I am. 

  

No comments: