Thursday, November 22, 2018

Root Canal Appointment #3

Having a root canal is not painful but it is time consuming.  There are many parts to the whole procedure and that's probably why it's so expensive, too.  Today was my third appointment and I'd been warned it would take about 1 1/2 hours.  I thought all of that time would require me to have my mouth wide open but only most of it did.  There were quite a few impressions taken for the new crown and that meant having guck placed around the tooth and the teeth that were around it.  I worried about gagging but the guck was only placed around the teeth.

I like my dentist.  He knows what he's doing, does it gently, and explains as he goes.  His office is clean, state of the art, and he employs people just like him.  I feel lucky to have him for my dentist.

I'd prepared myself for what I thought of as a marathon and never allowed myself to feel dread.  That helped a lot.  It also helped to know that, no matter how long it all took, it wouldn't hurt.  When all was done, it was a relief, though, and I knew that the final appointment in a couple of weeks won't take long at all...just 1/2 hour to cement in the new crown.

It's been stressful, cost and appointments, but it was something that had to be done.  I'm very lucky to still have almost all my own teeth with only a few extractions years ago so I want to take care of them.

I've had my nap but I'm still tired so maybe all of this is more stressful than I thought.  It will pass.

No comments: