Thursday, November 01, 2018

Root Canal

I've had a root canal before so I knew it wasn't a really dreadful experience except to the bank account.  I happen to have a nice dentist who is very good at his job.  His office is also squeaky clean and pleasant to visit when I have to go there.

It took about an hour while I patiently listened to drilling in my mouth but, thankfully, with no pain.  There was no pain when the freezing wore off, either.  This was only part one of the whole procedure, the next is in 12 days and it will be to install the post that will hold the crown.  Part 3 is 10 days later and then I should be finished.

I know I'm lucky at my age to have my own teeth and not need dentures so I'm not going to squawk too much about dental services that I require.  My teeth have always been pretty strong and only needed a few fillings over the years.  I didn't actually start taking care of my teeth until I was in my 30's because we couldn't afford regular dental check-ups so I'm lucky my teeth withstood the neglect.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to see the doctor who did the colonoscopy but I already know the results so I'm not sure why I'm going there.  My guess is that she'll suggest I have another colonoscopy in a couple of years even though this last one was clear.  Doctors love to have you keep them busy.

2 more regular check-ups with family doctor and dermatologist and I should be set free...except for the dentist installing the crown.  I always worry that something unexpected will come up at these regular check-ups to make me have to go back!

I'm not complaining too much.  Canadians have a lot to be thankful for with our government health insurance.  Now, if only they covered dental and eye glasses.  I'm still thankful for what is covered, though!


No comments: