Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Hair Cut

I'll bet most women will always remember the bad hair cuts they've had in their lives.  I think the worst I ever had was a Shirley Temple curly perm when I was in my 30's.  I should have known better than to ever get a perm (but I had a few) because I've got some natural curl in my hair and perms never set right for me, either too curly or part curly and part straight.  Anyway, I ignored common sense and got the darned perm which was also cut way too short.  I spent the next few months trying to pull my hair longer and straighter.  I'm not sure if we had hair conditioner in those days but I don't remember using any to help with the process.

Most women are uncomfortable if they aren't satisfied with their hair.  When I see women with straggly, dirty hair I wonder what planet they're from because that just goes against nature!  I have grey hair now and feel the same way when I see women my age with dyed black hair.  I do know a woman a bit older than me who has only a few grey hairs, though, and her sister was the same way.  Good genes.

I'm getting my hair cut today by a very good hairdresser.  He does exactly what I tell him to do and he's very cautious about cutting my bangs too short.  It's not that he's afraid of me but he certainly has learned what his female clients want and need.

I've let my hair grow a little too long for my liking just because I want it nice for Christmas and my trip to Florida.  Timing is important!  I often like the hair cut but not the styling so I hope I don't need to come home and redo it.  I'm going to a dinner theater with Cindy and Kim tonight (thought it was Cindy and Don) and I'd like my hair to look decent.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: