Sunday, December 02, 2018

Seasonal Depression

I'm not sure if lack of sunlight is called seasonal depression but it works.  Gloomy days, especially if they seem to go on without end, do dampen your spirits just much as a beautiful sunny day lifts them.  November has been wicked and I am really anxious to escape to Florida's sunshine but I know that can't go on for too much longer.  Age or illness will finally keep me home.

The cold is not a problem.  My sweet apartment is nice and warm and I don't have to go out if I don't want to...except for those pain in the butt doctor's appointments.  I don't mind being alone and even prefer it at times.  But the grey days bring me down, no question.

I've got little chores to accomplish and just realized I do most of them when I get up to pee.  It's like I have just enough energy to do about 10 minutes work at a time but, if the sun is shining brightly, that might extend to half an hour.  Luckily, I usually clean up any mess as soon as I make it so my apartment is quite easy to keep neat.

I'm wondering how I'll feel in a couple of years when I know I can't escape to Florida?  I think I'm coping with the grey days now because I know they'll pretty much end when I'm in Florida for 3 months.  So far I've managed to stave off depression but I'm not as happy as I was before November.  Maybe I need one of those bright lights you can buy to make you forget how awful it is outside.

No comments: