Thursday, December 20, 2018

Time Sure Flies

Time does go terribly fast but it still surprises me a lot.  It seems like just yesterday I was moaning about the grey days of November and here it is almost time to leave for Florida on the 29th.  The older I get, the more I'm not sure I like this fast moving time, though, because it means I'm getting closer to my great reward.  LOL!

Every time I think about never going to Florida again, it saddens me because I have so many nice friends at the park that I don't want to lose contact with.  It's a place where people come from all over Canada and the States to meet and become friends, some for life.  Probably none of us would ever have met if our paths hadn't taken us to 3W.

It's now only 4 days to Christmas eve, 5 days to Christmas day, and then a frenzy of cleaning up, packing up, and saying our goodbyes until April.  Some of my 3W buddies are already welcoming me back by messages or phone calls and that makes me so happy.  I am so looking forward to the card games, get-togethers, lunches, gambling, and coffee mornings.  It's a darned good life and we're all very lucky to be able to live the way we do.  I have a lot of people to thank for this nice life but mostly Dennis.  I know where my good fortune comes from.

Dennis has been gone for 13 years and 4 months.  It saddens me that he didn't have more time to enjoy the fruit of his labors but it raises my spirits to see how strong I've become over the years on my own.  Dennis worked hard all of his life to provide for his family and I still feel a little guilt because I'm enjoying these golden years much longer than he was able to do.  

Today I pack the big suitcase and large garment bag in the trunk of the car because they're done.  I still have a small suitcase and a few clothes I'll need for the 3-4 days we're at Shelley's and they'll go into the car on the 28th.  It will be here before we know it.  I'm very happy that Kellie is driving Faye and I down to Florida, partly because it gives me some personal time with her.  I love Kellie dearly...she's like another granddaughter.

Well, I'm about as organized as I can be but I bet I still forget something but as long as I have my laptop and my pills, anything else I forget can be bought in Florida.

Life is good.



   

No comments: