Thursday, January 10, 2019

Crappy Start to Florida Time

The cold got worse and then started to get a bit better but actually stalled at "still pretty bad".  My ears clogged so I was and still am half deaf, my sinuses became infected so I had to go on an antibiotic, and my eyes ran so much people must have thought I was crying.  No wonder I worry so much about catching a cold.  The antibiotic did help and today, even with clogged ears, I feel almost well.

On Tuesday, Matt came over to spend some time with us and then Shelley and John came over.  We all went into Orlando to our favorite Thai restaurant for dinner and Nicole and Sam joined us there.  I'm missing out on a lot of hugs because of this darned cold!!

Matt flew home on Wednesday...I guess he got home safely and I can stop worrying about him now.  I worry myself sick over everything involving my babies!

I don't know if I mentioned that the handle broke off the toilet tank but I'm still waiting for Kevin to fix it.  I hate waiting but I don't have a husband to nag and am dependent on the kindness of friends and family that I don't dare nag.

One of the ladies here suggested I get Afrin to help unclog my nasal passages.  It worked beautifully and now I just need to unclog my ears.  

On the bad side, we found out Donna had a heart attack and was in the hospital.  She has an infected toe (diabetic) so can't have heart surgery until the infection is cleared up.  I'm worried about the whole situation and won't rest until her surgery is over and I know she's okay.

Faye and I had to go out for a bit of shopping this morning and, when we returned, we found Dee M. had left us some home-made chicken soup.  We didn't know it was her at first but, knowing Dee, I felt it had to be that wonderful lady.  The friends I have here are the best.

Speaking of friends...I am blessed to have Faye, my friend and sister-in-law, here with me.  She's worked like a dog getting the yard raked and cleaned while I only had enough strength to do a bit of work.  She's like the Energizer bunny...never stops!

I'm pretty sure I won't be allowed to sell the trailer because the park owners are surrounding my area with the new rentals and my trailer would probably stick out like a sore thumb among them.  It pretty well looks like I'll have to just turn it over to the park but I've been prepared to accept that eventuality.  It's too bad but there's nothing I can do about it.  I'll come back next year and rent one of the lovely new trailers for 3 months and that will make my life a lot easier than dealing with this old one.

I've stayed away from everyone except Faye since I got to the park but I'm ready to host the Friday morning coffee tomorrow if anyone comes.  I feel well enough to go to Bingo tomorrow night, too.  Thanks to drugs!  I think Faye must have the immune system of an athlete because she hasn't caught my cold.  I'm thankful for that, too, because I bet she'd be whiny.

No comments: