Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Florida Cold

I didn't expect to have so much cool/cold weather in Florida because we usually only have bits of it but it's pretty cool out there today.  It will warm up a bit for a few days and then it's supposed to hit a daytime high of 43F one day next week!!  Poor Faye will be here until Feb. 3rd and then go south to Miami to meet up with Valerie so she'll get lovely warm weather there.

We're going over to Shelley's today to puppysit while she and John go to Las Vegas (John on business and Shelley for fun).  I feel it's kind of wasted on them because neither gamble much.  I should be going!!

My cold is gone but one ear is still blocked...so annoying.  A lot of people here either have the cold or are just getting over it.  One lady is on her 3rd batch of antibiotics.  I'm starting to think that many seniors will survive all kinds of illnesses and diseases only to be taken out by a common cold.

The government here is still shut down due to Trump's insistance he be given the wall between the U.S. and Mexico.  I think this matters more to him than the struggles of all those government workers who are going without a paycheck.  He simply can't identify with the average person who lives pretty much from paycheck to paycheck with little or no reserves.  Scarier still is that national security is undermanned and, in this time of rampant terrorism, that is unbelievably dangerous and foolhardy of Trump.

Anyway, I'm trying to ignore any safety issues that might affect me or mine because it will drive me crazy if I worry too much about something I can do nothing about.

I'm all packed to go over to Shelley's, loaded with dirty clothes to wash at her house.  It makes me laugh because it's almost like when college kids come home for a visit loaded with their own laundry that needs doing.  

Well, time to get off the computer and do something useful.

No comments: