Saturday, February 16, 2019

Karma Bit Me

Yesterday started out so well.  I was up at 5 A.M. and playing on the computer and still had lots of time to prepare coffee for my ladies at 10 A.M.  About a dozen ladies showed up and the morning was full of laughs, weather perfect..sunny and warm with a soft breeze.  Lovely.

A prospective buyer came by and I showed her the trailer...she said the park manager told her she was too busy to show it!!!  The same lady came back later in the morning for another look so I guess she's pretty interested.  One of the office ladies brought a couple to look through it also.  I was starting to gain confidence it would sell quickly.

At noon I made myself a sandwich and sat down to watch T.V. but it wasn't working.  Neither was the phone or Internet, all by Spectrum, so I called them to come out and see what was wrong.  The tech got here just after 5 P.M. and soon discovered the problem didn't lie with Spectrum but with a dead electrical outlet on my wall.  He plugged into another outlet and everything worked fine.

Off I went to Bingo and won $12, came home about 9 P.M. and watched T.V. until 10:30 when I headed to bed.  I have a nightlight plugged in next to the stove and went to turn it on.  It blazed for a moment and then turned off for good.  I started to get a little worried because the other dead outlet is on the same wall so I tried starting the Keurig with no success.  

Now here I was with 2 good prospects looking to buy my trailer and for the first time since I moved in 2000, 2 of the kitchen outlets have stopped working.  I did the only thing I knew to do and turned off the circuits and then on again.  I did this a few times but the outlets remained dead.They are the only dead ones but are in a much needed part of the trailer right above the kitchen counter.

I went to bed knowing there was nothing else I could do and slept until 5 A.M. this morning.  I've left a message for my friend, Bob, to come have a look when he has the time.  I'm not sure if anyone would buy the trailer with these 2 outlets not working so I'm not happy.  I'm wondering what I did to have Karma bite me so badly right now.

Update:  Well, Bob came through again and fixed the outlets.  He said that the problem was one special outlet next to the sink that had broken and it affected the other one.  Apparently you have to have this special one because it's close to water.  Anyway, I am so blessed with good friends here in the park that I can always count on.  A woman  (one who isn't good at fixing things) living alone really needs these good samaritans that will always help anyone that asks.  We have a few in the park and I do try to spread my requests around but I'm lucky to know these good people.   

No comments: