Monday, March 04, 2019

None

I had a lovely time visiting at Shelley's where 3 of my grandchildren and their partners were also visiting.  Kyle, knowing how much I love my babies, asked which one I love the least.  I couldn't answer because there is no one.

Kyle has never had children yet so he doesn't know how much love we're capable of and how it just expands with every new child.  Of course, we love them all differently but somehow equally because we couldn't bear to lose any one of them.

I remember when I was expecting Cindy and worrying how I would be able to love another child as much as I loved Kim.  I was like Kyle, thinking our ability to love has limits.  The moment Cindy was born I loved her totally and that came as a surprise to me.  It didn't take long to understand that we humans have an infinite supply of love to give and, no matter how many loved ones we have, the supply will never run out.

When I became pregnant with Shelley, I had no fear of how much love I'd have to give to her.  And it's the same with my grandchildren...I love them all equally but maybe differently.  

Kyle will understand one day. 

No comments: