Sunday, April 14, 2019

Karma

I believe in Karma.  I believe in that, whatever evils you commit, it will one day come back to bite you in the butt.  I believe a little differently about doing good deeds because that is the way we're supposed to behave and we shouldn't expect credit for living like a good person.  That said, doing good always makes your own life better because your conscience won't be bothering you.

In some of my earlier blogs, I've written how I'm not the same person I was in my 20's, 30's, etc. because I've evolved just as we all should.  You can call it maturing but I think it's more that you start to see things more clearly and how your own behavior creates the environment that surrounds you.  In essence, you are the creator of your own existence in many ways.  You can't control the world around you but you can most often control who is in your immediate circle and those people are what is your environment.

Many years ago I saw myself very differently.  I saw myself as a victim of my environment instead of the creator.  I'm not too swift so it took me ages to discover that life is so much better if you gather nice people into your circle and keep the negative ones out.  Everyone is different and some might want only exciting and adventurous people close to them but that isn't me and I make no excuses for that.  My need is for kind and funny companions who won't drag me into parachute jumping.

Back to Karma...you can create good Karma or you can stay immature forever.  I think I grew up some time in my 50's, late but better than never.  I wanted to be a better and stronger person and that's the path I chose to follow.  By making that momentous decision (and it truly was...I remember the moment), I began a journey that has brought me a lot of happiness and contentment.  

The moral of this story is that you don't create good Karma for yourself by just being a bystander in life.  You create it by giving of yourself, being kind and not hateful.  I believe we were never meant to be at war with one another or do harm to each other.  When this happens it goes against nature.  Knowing you're doing your best at creating harmony and good will in this life will give you peace of mind...and probably good Karma.

No comments: