Saturday, April 13, 2019

WTH

WTH means "what the heck"...much nicer than the other one.  I got a message from the park late yesterday afternoon telling me the buyer dropped out but they had a better offer for me and to call today to see what it is.  All I can say is that it's been a darned good thing that I haven't let this trailer sale bother me all winter or I'd have gotten a little nuts by now.  2 buyers have made an offer and then backed out.  I don't understand this because you would think that a person would be quite certain they wanted the trailer before going to the trouble of making an offer.  I'm not as surprised at the second buyer dropping out, though, because the guy's wife was so unfriendly.  I don't think she wanted it from the beginning and it's usually the wife who decides when buying a house or trailer.

Anyway, this is what I think might be the new offer...a month's free rent ($1750 as opposed to the $1500 I would have received with the last deal) on the new trailer for next year and the park taking over my trailer.  I keep saying I don't care what happens to it because the main thing for me was getting rid of it but it would always be nice to get a little compensation, too.

I think my attitude about all of this has been healthy on my part.  I knew I'd had 19 wonderful winters out of the trailer so it owed me nothing.  I'm not greedy and I tend to believe things work out okay in the end.  I'll update this blog when I find out the latest episode in "trailer for sale but not rent".

Update:  I was wrong but the offer is even better.  Someone has offered $6500 ($5500 to me) and I'll find out on Monday.  This has been an absolutely crazy experience and I'll be glad when it's over.  Update on Monday...maybe.

New Update:  Nancy called back and said the couple who made the offer will be paying on the 20th (Saturday).  I think I've heard that promise before so I'll just wait and see.

Final update:  The buyer paid $6,000 plus $500 for April's rent (I didn't pay it because I thought the previous couple were taking over April 1st) so I will receive $5,000 after paying the park $1,000 for their services in selling the trailer.  Happy!!!   

No comments: