Monday, July 22, 2019

Don't Like

I was asked yesterday if I'm going to the yard sale at Donna's house and I was horrified.  The very thought of going through Donna's things is truly horrifying to me even though I know it has to be done before the house is put up for sale.  She's bequeathed her monk's cloth to me and Faye and that I can handle because we're the only ones who can do it justice.  Anything else will have to be done away from my eyes because it would break my heart to see it.

When I used to yard sale, I sometimes went to estate sales and felt a terrible guilt even though I didn't know the people whose things I was going through.  All I could think of is that, in the recent past, a living person treasured these items and probably never believed a day would come when strangers would be pawing over them.

Donna kept a lovely neat and tidy home with carefully selected knickknacks that meant something special to her.  Her garden was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.  This was her "home".  It is so unbearably sad. 

No comments: