Monday, December 02, 2019

Winter Wonderland?

I love the look of the trees coated with ice but I have to ignore the fact that it's the weight of the ice that will break off branches and possibly damage the trees.  It's a beautiful sight just the same, though.

Today is one of those days and the only thing marring the beauty is that it's overcast again.  Lord, how I hate grey skies.  I did write on Facebook, though, that I don't have to go out for anything, my sweet little apartment is nice and warm, and my fridge is stocked with food so I really am very lucky.  My kids are off to work as usual and I'll worry all day that they don't have an accident.  Days like this are a double edged sword for me...enjoying the fact that I'm nice and cozy at home but my kids are out in the elements.

I'll be leaving for Florida in just 25 days and I'm really looking forward to the warmth and especially the beautiful blue skies that will please me most of the winter.  Kellie is driving me down but it will be the last time she can so I'm not sure about how I'll manage next winter.  I could drive myself but I'm a little unsure of my capability to do so.  It's been lovely last year and now this year to have Kellie do the driving.  I will always be so grateful to her for her kindness.

But today I'm staying home and probably will for the rest of the week due to the screw in my tire.  I'll have to check it on Thursday to see if it's completely flat because, if it is, I'll have to call CAA to come and put the donut on so I can take it to Canadian Tire for the appointment on Friday.  I know I'll need one new tire but I'm thinking it will more likely be two.  Poop happens!

Now I'll try to enjoy my seclusion and hope there's no ice on the roads when my babies drive home from work. 

No comments: