Monday, March 23, 2020

Quarantine Day 4

Slept well and up at 7 A.M. my fairly usual time.  I put away a few bathroom items, found no place for some, and decided to clean out the cupboard under the sink of unnecessary items...had lots and now it's nice and neat under there.

Cindy called and is bringing me a few grocery items...I get in a panic when I run short of baking potatoes, coffee and milk.  She's bringing me baking potatoes and milk because I don't need coffee right now.  It's kind of like having a sweet little servant where my wish is her command.  

I took the trash out and also most of the empty boxes and then emptied the last of the stuff in the car trunk.  I'm actually pretty organized but there is still a lot of yarn and fabric to store properly.  And then there's spring cleaning that I keep ignoring while I play on the computer.

I'm in better spirits today maybe because I accomplished more than yesterday.  I plan to order lunch from Swiss Chalet and put it on my credit card to get a receipt for the insurance company.  I'm looking forward to chicken pot pie and fries!!

I had left a notice on the superintendant's door that my smoke detector isn't working and there is also what looks like water damage on the ceiling in the bathroom.  He arrived at my door early this morning wearing a mask and saying he wasn't allowed to enter any apartments.  He gave me a battery for the smoke detector which I'll have to place on top of the fridge because I can't replace the smoke detector on the ceiling.  The apparent water damage can't be fixed until he's allowed inside our apartments.  I'm very lucky to have such a kind and efficient superintendant in the building.

Well, back to my games!

No comments: