Friday, March 27, 2020

Quarantine Day 8

Today's Stats:  Canada...5,600+ cases & 39 deaths
                          U.S..........85,900+ cases & 1300+deaths

I'm getting used to this stay-at-home routine and not quite as antsy to leave the safety of my apartment.  Shelley advised me that I should stay inside for another month but I'm not sure I can do that.  Kim and Cindy are more than willing to do my grocery shopping but they both work full time and have their own lives to live.  The time it takes to do my shopping does take away from their free time and I don't like doing that to them.

I've got a few doctor, dentist, and dermatologist appointments coming up that I'm sure I can cancel and reschedule for later in the summer.  My drugs can be delivered.  Right now we can only fill prescriptions for 30 days rather than the 3 months I've become used to but that's no problem.  A real problem would be if we couldn't get our prescriptions at all!

I got bad news from Shelley yesterday.  Gunner, their rescue dog, has tumors that are most certainly cancerous.  He'll remain in their home, getting all the love and care he deserves until his illness becomes too painful and then he'll be put to sleep.  Gunner is a special dog/being to me because I saw from the very first moment that he was an old soul.  He captures you with his beautiful eyes and you just know there is a wondrously intelligent being there.  He somehow changed me...I don't really know in what way yet but I know I learned something of value from him.  Beings of all kinds come into your life for a reason.

I'm sad now and need some time to think.  

No comments: