Thursday, April 09, 2020

Matt To The Rescue

I have 8 grandchildren but it seems I always turn to Matt when I need help with something.  He makes it easy because he's so obliging.

When I got home early last month I had to call to have my cable service reinstated.  Everything came back on quickly but not the internet.  I knew it was useless to call to have the company send someone out because we're all in isolation right now so I just kept on using the personal hotspot on the cell phone which gives me actually free internet.

I sent Matt a message telling him my problem and asking him to check it out for me once it was safe to visit.  He called immediately and tried to walk me through all the damn wires and plugs attached from modem to laptop.  I really hate doing this because I'm afraid I'm going to do something disastrous but Matt is very patient.  We facetimed on the cell phone so he could see the wires and tell me which ones to pull.  One of the lights on the modem wasn't lit so Matt called the cable company and they told him to tell me which wire was loose.  I must have loosened it when I was cleaning the desk because everything worked once I pushed it in a bit.  Oh yes, I also had to change the internet setting on the computer by turning the WIFI off...it needed to be on when I was using the cell phone for the internet.

I knew it had to be something simple but I couldn't tell on my own.  Thank heavens for my sweet Matthew!

I have 8 grandchildren and none of the other 7 were as wild and woolly as Matt when he was a child.  He was the epitome of hell on wheels and I don't know how we survived his childhood.  It's kind of funny that he's the one I rely on so much now.  Maybe this is my reward for loving him all through those trying times.

No comments: