Sunday, August 23, 2020

Serenity Now

 


I'm not sure how to use essential oils or which ones I should buy but I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm feeling less than serene right now and need a change.

I first bought a couple of little bottles of essential oils at Goodness Me...thought I couldn't go wrong there!  I got lavender for tranquility and orange for uplifting.  I hope these are right.  Anyway, once I bought the oils, I started checking Amazon and Wayfair for a diffuser, knowing only that I wanted a glass one.  I ended up buying the one you see in the photo ($44) from Amazon and it arrived the following day.

A cute incident happened when it was delivered.  My phone rang and it was someone in the lobby but I couldn't understand him so I went downstairs to the door.  When I got off the elevator, there stood a smiling Indian man in traditional, colorful clothing like I'd only seen in photos.  I'm assuming he was a recent immigrant and hadn't had a chance to buy new clothes.  He just looked so exotic and lovely dressed as he was and it made me happy just to look at him.

Anyway, it was the diffuser he was delivering and I was really surprised to receive it so quickly.  I always worry I won't understand the instructions on a new item but, other than the print being terribly small, I figured this out in no time and had my beautiful diffuser working.  With only 100 ml of water and 5 drops of essential oil (I'll put more oil in next time), it gave off an intermittent mist for over 5 hours.  I set it to change colors automatically and it was so pretty to see.

I'm in my final years and want to go out on a sea of tranquility, no arguing, no yelling, no being cursed at.  This is the way I choose.

No comments: