Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Time and People

It's so true that, as you grow older, you begin running out of both time and the people who matter in your life.  I've been very aware of this for a long time now and lived through some pretty tough moments in the process.  The knowledge that my time here on earth is shortening every days has made me more aware of what I don't want in my life.  I don't want people who abuse me in any way because those are people I can't trust.  I don't want dissension and being around people who love a "good" argument.  I don't want to be around people who don't care about my well being.


I do want to be around calm people, people who enjoy life and the moment.  I want to be around people I'm familiar with but it's always nice to meet a new friend, too.  I want very much for my world to be peaceful because, if it isn't, I have to escape to where it is.


I'm always very much aware of the atmosphere that's surrounding me and, when it's hostile, I can't get out fast enough.  There was a time the atmosphere in my home was so cold and unwelcoming that I drove right past my house and just drove around for a while until I could tolerate going inside.  I don't ever want to be in a situation like that again.


I've decided to buy some essential oils and a diffuser for my apartment.  This will be a new learning curve for me to find out which oils are best for calmness..I think chamomile and lavender are good ones.  Then I have to research to find out which oils are worth buying.  I'm on a search for peace and tranquility because it is true that I'm running out of people and time so I want the rest of my life to be the best it can be. 

No comments: