Thursday, September 24, 2020

Friendship

 Faye and I have been meeting for lunch once a week and it's always such an enjoyable time no matter where we choose to eat.  We chose Kelsey's yesterday and the food was good but the service was terribly slow.  No deal breakers, though.

I thought about how long Faye and I have been friends and it's been most of our lives.  There have been times I wanted to strangle her and I'm sure there have been times she'd like to strangle me but we've overcome those passing moments by behaving in a civilized manner.  Words spoken in anger can destroy even the closest relationships so it's always best to step away from an angry situation until you can behave like a decent human being.  

I'm not one to forgive and forget.  I never forgive when someone is cruel to me and I never forget it.  I can get past it but the trust will never be the same.  Faye and I have only had minor differences that never crossed the line of no return and that's the norm for most relationships.  She remains one of the few people in my life that I trust completely.

We're getting so darned old now and it's only a matter of time before one of us is gone but we've had a hell of a good run on fun, laughter, and a loving friendship.  I lucked out having a sister-in-law like Faye.

No comments: