Saturday, October 31, 2020

Flu Shot

 I've been getting the flu shot every year for a few years now.  The reason I stopped for a while is because the earlier two years I had the shot, I got seriously ill about a month later and I attributed it to the flu shot.  Everyone told me I was wrong, of course, but the fact remains that I had quite a few sick free winters after I stopped.

But now my immune system isn't normal and my age is a factor so I gave in and get the flu shot plus had the pneumonia shot.  But, last winter didn't I get pneumonia and wasn't well all winter long.  It does make me wonder because I've never had pneumonia before in my life.

And so I had my annual flu shot yesterday, developed severe pain in my arm last night along with nausea and again it makes me wonder.  My arm is still so sore today that I can't lift it quite half way without it hurting badly.  I don't think this is normal but I'll just keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't get worse.

Today is the day I pick up my new car and I'm still so excited about that.  I know I got a great deal and, even with my age, there's a chance I will have at least 5 years driving ahead of me.  Funny to think of it that way.  I really don't want to live to be 100 but I do want a bit more quality time before I go to my great reward.  Kind of thought I was on my way there last night, though.  LOL!

I got very little sleep last night due to the pain in my arm so I'll need a nice nap after I bring "Roguey" home.

No comments: