Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Disappointed

 Like most anti-Trump people, I'm disappointed that so many voted for him.  I'm disappointed that the Democrats didn't win the election by a landslide but I also acknowledge that Biden isn't well and, if he had won, the presidency would soon have been handed over to Kamala Harris who I think is too young to do the job.

I couldn't stay awake to see the end of the election but woke up at 2 A.M. and just had to check in and see who had won.  The worst case scenario filled the screen...it was almost a tie.  I watched Trump come on and declare he was the winner and wanted to stop all remaining votes from being counted even though this has been common practice as long as the mail-in votes were not dated after November 3rd.  I saw his cockiness return after earlier seeing a human side to him when he was more unsure of losing the election.  

It's completely possible that after all votes have been counted he will still be president and that, of course, worries me for the future of the U.S. but, having seen how approximately half of the U.S. voted for him,  I also have to acknowledge that the people have made their choice and they want that blustering, egotistical liar to run their country.  I don't understand it but I do believe in majority rights.

And now to turn on my T.V. and see if there are any updates. 

No comments: